Saturday, April 17, 2010

As I was going through my stuff, cleaning it out for yet another move, I came across a letter a friend wrote me before I left Idaho. There were many sweet, encouraging one-liners, but one that struck me today was "smile when you answer the phone."

Lately, everybody carries a cell phone so you can be reached pretty much anywhere, no matter what you're doing and then we get annoyed that people are bothering us. If you're grouchy and don't want to be reached - turn your phone off! Otherwise, when you answer the phone - smile! Maybe the person on the other side needs a friendly voice and a smile.

1 comment:

  1. i love reading your little random thoughts of the day because they are always so profound! and genuine. I'm glad that you decide to share them :)

    and i will try really hard to always smile when I answer the phone! but no guarantees (particularly on those midnight phone calls ;) ) and i agree that you shouldn't answer when you're grouchy (i'll try to make sure i'm following that)

    p.s. are you referring to the one liners all over the envelope?

    ReplyDelete