Sunday, September 6, 2009

LifeLight - part 2 & 3

2. Downhere, Sanctus Real, TFK, birthday party & wrapped it up with a session on human trafficking. Every time I hear about this injustice, I feel a stronger tug on my heart to do something about it.
Another day with perfect weather.

3. Human trafficking info - how to see the signs, Nevertheless (I've never heard of them before today), Tenth Avenue North, Decemberadio, Lincoln Brewster, Newsboys & 4 hours with the boys from Rush of Fools. Had a great time with them :)

Funny story: As we were walking by the Rush of Fools booth on the way to check in for volunteering, my mom noticed that all the guys there were looking a little bored. So as she walks by she tells them to cheer up. The say, "Oh no! We're good!" Turns out, that's where we're volunteering. That could have turned out to be embarrassing, but we had such a good time joking around with each other - it didn't really matter.

This weekend was fantastic - A wonderful experience. Already looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so jealous!

    and you still need to share with me what you learned from the human trafficking things.

    ooo....and send me something fun? :)

    ReplyDelete